Simply put Audience Network is Facebook’s ad network just like Google display network (GDN). Facebook ties up with multiple mobile websites and mobile app developers to show the ads- images and videos. It uses third party data to extend its people based targeting, measurement, and delivery on the audience network to help advertisers achieve their objective at best price. Thus, Audience network is a great way of increasing the reach beyond Facebook’s ecosystem utilizing Facebook data.
Facebook shows the same images, text, videos, dynamic ads that are running in FB newsfeed in Audience Network too. Audience network placement is available with the following campaign objectives: click to website, website conversion, mobile app installs, mobile app engagement, dynamic ads and video views campaign.
Les say for example your campaign objective was getting website conversion. So following steps will occur once FB serves the ad in the partner apps/website and user clicks on it:
- The landing page/website opens in a new browser window
- The user takes a desired action in the advertiser website
- FB records conversion and attributes the same to the corresponding campaign/ad set/ad
If the objective is mobile app engagement, user click will enable the following steps:
- The exiting advertiser’s app will open
- Facebook records the same and attributes the same to the current ad
If the objective is mobile app install, then click on an ad will induce following actions:
- User is taken to Google Play/App store
- If user installs the app, FB records the conversion and attributes it to the ad
Thus, Audience network is great way to reach people beyond FB using FB’s “people targeting” approach.